Companionway measurements and washer install

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3211 by Brad Luellen
Companionway measurements and washer install was created by Brad Luellen
Can anyone who owns a Brewer 44 get me the measurements of the width of the companionway/cockpit door and down the steps??

Also, how has anyone gotten a washer below decks? One of my wife's "must haves" is a washer, and I have seen several in these boats. Just not sure how they have gotten some of the larger ones below decks.

Thanks.

Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3212 by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio
Replied by Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio on topic Companionway measurements and washer install
Hello Brad,
We are currently aboard our Brewer 44 Andiamo anchored in Newport Harbor, RI.
The top of the companionway is 23” wide, it narrows to 22.5 19” down and then cuts in to 16” for another 14” to the top of the step.
The opening is 22” deep at the top of the companionway.
Hope this helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Luellen

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #3214 by Brad Luellen
Replied by Brad Luellen on topic Companionway measurements and washer install

Gino & Carolyn Del Guercio wrote: Hello Brad,
We are currently aboard our Brewer 44 Andiamo anchored in Newport Harbor, RI.
The top of the companionway is 23” wide, it narrows to 22.5 19” down and then cuts in to 16” for another 14” to the top of the step.
The opening is 22” deep at the top of the companionway.
Hope this helps.

I wish I was closer than 6.5 hours away from Invictus, and the virus sure isn't helping things.

So, it is 16" wide at the narrowest on the way down the ladder??

I have no idea how anyone got a washer 22"-23" wide into these boats.

Thanks.
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Brad Luellen.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3215 by Brian Stewart
Replied by Brian Stewart on topic Companionway measurements and washer install
You may have better luck going through the engine room. We had to do that on our Whitby 42 to get a table below.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #3226 by Brad Luellen

Brian Stewart wrote: You may have better luck going through the engine room. We had to do that on our Whitby 42 to get a table below.

As much as I would like to get a larger washer/dryer below decks.....doing 40 plus hours of work to get it through the cockpit into the engine room, probably not going to happen in my lifetime.
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Brad Luellen.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3228 by Robert Horn
Replied by Robert Horn on topic Companionway measurements and washer install

Brian Stewart wrote: You may have better luck going through the engine room. We had to do that on our Whitby 42 to get a table below.

Any pictures of what that involved? I realize the cockpit floor is removable, but what about all the stuff going up into the pedestal?

Thanks,

Bob

More
2 months 1 week ago #3229 by Brian Stewart
Replied by Brian Stewart on topic Companionway measurements and washer install
I had to take the floor out to remove the engine. It is not an easy job given the electrics and hydraulic lines.

pilgrimspassages.com/pilgrimspassages/20...20Updates/Engine.htm

My original comment related to going through the port side locker. I am not familiar with the Brewer port locker layout but if it is like the Whitby then you can remove the locker floor to provide access into the engine room. Then again I do not have a genset beside the engine under the locker floor.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3230 by Brad Luellen

Brian Stewart wrote: I had to take the floor out to remove the engine. It is not an easy job given the electrics and hydraulic lines.

pilgrimspassages.com/pilgrimspassages/20...20Updates/Engine.htm

My original comment related to going through the port side locker. I am not familiar with the Brewer port locker layout but if it is like the Whitby then you can remove the locker floor to provide access into the engine room. Then again I do not have a genset beside the engine under the locker floor.

I am pretty sure that the locker on the port side of both is the same. Even removing the lid, I would never be able to fit something as large as a 24" deep washing machine. The floor of my locker also comes out, but I have a genset below mine, and the compressors for my Seafrost refrigeration are on the shelf on the outboard of that.

I do appreciate the thoughts, but unfortunately there isnt much of a chance of getting anything down through the locker, or the time consuming process of removing the cockpit sole.

I just can't see getting a Splendide machine below decks short of a major operation. I will probably end up with a Giantex washer/centrifugal dryer. Not perfect, but good enough for long term cruising.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds