Furler line

More
7 months 1 week ago #3142 by Jim phillips
Furler line was created by Jim phillips
Everyone,

Were getting close to tossing the lines. We have a genoa with a 25 foot. The furler drum is bare with any furler line. I took the foot length and doubled it and then added 10 feet, 60 feet Staset 3/8, anyone know if that sounds correct, I guess I can order longer and cut it. I saw on a forum that Hood said 11mm, I doubt that would work through our guides so I am going with 3/8 or 10mm.

Any ideas before I click buy?

Thank you all, we were slammed getting the mizzen traveller, day tank, new ocean series 60 hatch (which fit perfect for the bow hatch replacement) and we added a freezer-fridge that we bought at BestBuy, 12 volt and 110 ac. 8 hours of a sawzall.
Literally one guy took the fiberglass out of the bin to see it, unbelievable construction on Whitbys, abeit with a serious void around the ice box top in many places.

Thanks all, and we hope you all are well!
Jim and Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #3143 by Scott Lee
Replied by Scott Lee on topic Furler line
We have ProFurl, not Hood, so requirements could vary, but if it helps, our Genoa furling line is 3/8×75'

Scott
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim phillips

More
7 months 1 week ago #3145 by Jim phillips
Replied by Jim phillips on topic Furler line
Thank you, we are going with your recommendation!

More
7 months 1 week ago #3149 by Terry Temperly
Replied by Terry Temperly on topic Furler line
Length of foot + distance from drum to cockpit + extra tail

If drum is too small for the 25 feet of a larger diameter line, some people have stripped the core out leaving a "flat" line that wraps better. Not exactly sure what that does to the strength of the line, but you should be able to find that out by checking manufacturers data.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #3164 by Jim phillips
Replied by Jim phillips on topic Furler line
Thank you and your right, they pulled the core out, just enough for the line to wrap the furler, the balance is normal to the cockpit.

Best,
Jim

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds