Brewer 12.8 mast internal conduits??

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #2558 by George Myers
Brewer 12.8 mast internal conduits?? was created by George Myers
A surveyor recently told me that the electrical wires in the mast were not in conduits. This was news to me. No noise comes from the mast when boat rolls like it did in my previous boats. Its a Isomat mast. I was sure the halyards were in conduits. How can one tell as no way to see in there??? Help.
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by George Myers. Reason: wordage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #2559 by Gerry O'Donoghue
Replied by Gerry O'Donoghue on topic Brewer 12.8 mast internal conduits??
George

The way you can tell is to look for rivets in the mast in a straight line holding the PVC conduits to the wall of the masts. If you don't have them and the wire isn't banging then no problem. If you need them its no big deal to install but you have to pull the mast.

Its unlikely that that the halyards are in conduits.

Gerry

More
3 years 5 months ago #2571 by George Myers
Replied by George Myers on topic Brewer 12.8 mast internal conduits??
The forward center of the mast has fasteners showing about every 5 ft . The rigger says he believes that these are rivets holding a conduit. He also said that there probably was another conduit just behind the sailtrack held by Isomat clips fastened to a extrusion section of the mast that hold a oblong shaped conduit. He put his ear to the side of the mast when boat rolled and said he could not hear any banging but just a little noise. There is no way to see inside the mast. I believe that the radar cable is loose and making the little noise but other wires are inside the conduits as the exit at mast bottom is exactly behind sail track...... Comments Come on YOU BREWER 12.8 OWNERS___YOU MUST KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!! George

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds