Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts?

More
5 years 3 months ago #2078 by Chris Hoy
Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts? was created by Chris Hoy
Hello All,
I have a late 70s Whitby 42 and I am looking for a replacement drum for the Hood Stoway main furling system. You can see pictures of the part I am looking for here: imgur.com/a/cZDQX#fZ3KEL2

Any idea where I might be able to find this? I have been searching extensively and contacted Eric Pearson Furling service in Jamestown RI but no luck. If I can't find anything I will have to get a machine shop to custom make the part.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #2079 by Peter Garsoe
Replied by Peter Garsoe on topic Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts?
i have a 65' hood stowaway mast with manual furling that has been in storage is this what you are looking for?...

More
5 years 3 months ago #2080 by Hannah Gardner
Replied by Hannah Gardner on topic Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts?
You might try MetalMast in Connecticut, they were the ones who installed ours. Fair winds, Hannah Gardner, s/v Rita T, hull 171

More
5 years 1 week ago #2200 by Chris Hoy
Replied by Chris Hoy on topic Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts?
Update on the main roller furling, I was looking for a replacement drum that the wire to furl wraps around. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anyone who could offer a replacement. I went to a local machine shop and they fabricated one out of nylon (original material was some sort of plastic or nylon). Cost around $450 but has been working great, also replaced the steel wire with Dyneema line which I love in comparison. If anyone ever needs to the same replacement let me know, the machine shop saved the file for future use.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2657 by wayne ball
Replied by wayne ball on topic Hood Stoway Main Furler Parts?
I'm looking for a Hood Stoway Mast for a Gulfstar 47. A 60' mast would probably work. Do you still have one in storage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Garsoe

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds