Hull identification numbers

More
4 years 7 months ago #2250 by Gene Millard
Hull identification numbers was created by Gene Millard
Hello all
I am looking at a brewer 12.8 with the intent to purchase. It is a 1984 and the only hull I D number that I can locate is on the outside of the stern port side and is FMW42256G198. My understanding is that it should end in 84 to reflect the year of production. If any one can shed any light on this I would be most grateful.
Happy Holidays
Gene

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #2251 by Jack Dexter
Replied by Jack Dexter on topic Hull identification numbers
Hi, Gene. My 12.8 was built 4 boats before yours. I bought her 6 years ago. The surveyor found an anomaly with my hull number, too. As I recall it has one more digit than it's supposed to in order to accommodate the "4". Tribute is documented though and the Coast Guard never questioned the number. Fort Meyers Yacht and Shipbuilding built good boats but they appear not to have been great with numbers. It's also possible the "4" didn't take in the mold.

You might want to look at the current owners documentation certificate. If it has the number you can see on the hull than I would guess you'll have no trouble documenting it. If the missing "4" was assumed by the current owner when he documented the boat that still may be OK although I'd get a second opinion. My surveyor insisted that the anomaly be addressed when I documented Tribute and the documentation service I used had no trouble with documentation.

We love our 12.8. We hope this works out for you.

Jack

More
4 years 7 months ago #2252 by Gene Millard
Replied by Gene Millard on topic Hull identification numbers
Thanks Jack,
"My" boat was U.S. Documented Under the stern I D number 2 Owners back, so shouldn't be A problem hopefully. Does your boat have any I D numbers or plates in the interior?
Gene

More
4 years 7 months ago #2253 by Jack Dexter
Replied by Jack Dexter on topic Hull identification numbers
The only other number I've ever seen is the documentation number under the berth in the aft cabin.

The experienced gentleman who surveyed Tribute saw my hull number issue an oddity and not a deal breaker. It two owners have been able to document your vessel using the number on the hull it would certainly seem unlikely that it would be an issue now.

After you complete your purchase I hope you'll enter your profile on this site. It would be nice to know also the name of your Brewer and where you sail.

We look forward to meeting you at the rendezvous and/or on the water. Good luck.

Jack

More
4 years 7 months ago #2254 by Gene Millard
Replied by Gene Millard on topic Hull identification numbers
Thanks Jack. We will definitely fill in the info you suggest to our profile once all is finished with this deal.
Gene

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds