Brewer 44 Fuel tanks

More
7 years 1 week ago #1491 by Bill Fiegener
Brewer 44 Fuel tanks was created by Bill Fiegener
Hi, new to group and looking a purchasing a 1989 Brewer 44. I recently had one surveyed and I as well as my surveyor are confused as to where the fuel tanks are located. We know there are two but not sure of their location.
We did find one under the floorboard in the bilge forward of the engine room. Not sure if this is a fuel tank because everything I have read the fuel tanks are supposed to be on the port and starboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 days ago #1493 by Gerry O'Donoghue
Replied by Gerry O'Donoghue on topic Brewer 44 Fuel tanks
Hi Bill

While you wait for an answer from a Brewer 44 owner I can tell you what is on the W42 (the tanks should be similar). Stbd side under the work bench in the walkway is the Stbd. tank. On the Port side directly under the cockpit lid is the Port tank (This tank was not fitted on my boat). In the keel, from just under the main saloon ladder all the way back to the back of the engine room is the keel tank.

theincrediblehull.blogspot.com/search/label/Fuel

theincrediblehull.blogspot.com/search/label/Tanks

Regards

Gerry

More
7 years 6 days ago #1494 by Edward Schwiebert
Replied by Edward Schwiebert on topic Brewer 44 Fuel tanks
Bill,

We own hull number 284 (1988) so similar vintage. (We love the boat, by the way.) Our tanks are located as follows: one under the refer/freezer in the galley just forward of the enginer room, but port of center line. (We had to have that one replaced 3 years ago. To do so, the engine and generator were removed through the cockpit, old tank cut out, new installed, and all mechanicals reinstalled. A job, but do-able.) The other tank is on the starboard side behind the salon seating and forward of the nav station. Hope that helps. Van

More
7 years 5 days ago #1495 by John Cece
Replied by John Cece on topic Brewer 44 Fuel tanks
for a Brewer 44: If I remember correctly, the STBD fuel tank is outboard of the (main cabin) setee on the STBD side. If you remove the base of the liquor locker, you will see the top of the tank....it 's about 5 ft long, maybe 14-18" wide, and of various depths.

John Cece

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds