Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1981 Whitby 42 Ketch with bowsprit $41,000

1981 Whitby 42 Ketch with bowsprit $41,000 1 year 1 month ago #2725

1981 Whitby 42 Ketch with bowsprit

Currently at a private mooring in Boynton Beach Florida. I am selling her for a couple of reasons. I am 75 and still sailing but I have 9 grandchildren and another one on the way they need my time. Also finishing the construction on a house in SC that has been put off for too long.The price is low because I want her gone sooner rather than later.
She has a 13-foot beam and a moderate 5-foot draft. High freeboard allows a commodious interior, a spacious engine room, and a comfortable aft cabin. I am 6’ 6” and have plenty of headroom .Water capacity of 290 gallons provides for showers in two heads, and a 200 gal fuel capacity assures good range under power. A cavernous refrigerator/freezer keeps perishables during an extended cruise. She has a 70 HP Ford Lehman . This combination gives plenty of power for motor sailing, although with a generous sail area of 875 square feet, a long waterline, and well-designed underbody, these ketches sail remarkably well

EQUIPMENT
1. 70 HP Lehman original 3000 hours runs great with new starter and batteries
2. Standing rigging in good shape but she has brand new running rigging as of 2018
3. Main, mizzen may be original but in Doyle stack packs. She has a Harken roller reefing Genoa.
4. Newer spinnaker in sock.
5. Lightly used staysail
6. Garmin 3010 chart plotter.
7. VHF but need new antennas
8. Autopilot may be original Robertson. Not sure of condition
9. AC and DC Refrigeration.
10. Newer Northern lights generator
11. Electric windlass with 300 feet of SS chain
12. New SS potholes with screens and four opening hatches.
13. Hailing horn and foghorn on mizzen.
14. 2 electric heads
15. Recent AC heat pump
16. Very nice 12 foot hard bottom dinghy w/ 25 hp Merc
17. Amazing hydraulic dinghy lift.
18. Two propane tanks and sniffer in aft compartment
19. 200 watts Solar Panels

boatwater.jpg

dinghy.jpg

hydralic.jpg

aftcab.jpg

head.jpg
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by mjasko. Reason: error
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1981 Whitby 42 Ketch with bowsprit $41,000 1 year 3 weeks ago #2728

Hi,
My name is Blair Gyde. My wife Edi and I are from Midland Ontario. We lost our liveaboard in St. Croix and are looking for our next home. We are very interested - can you call me 1-249-359-4933 or can you email me - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with your telephone no.
Thanks very much,
Blair

1981 Whitby 42 Ketch with bowsprit $41,000 11 months 1 week ago #2737

mjasko,

I came across your listing on yachtworld and have been corresponding with your broker. I have consumed every bit of literature I can find on the Whitby 42 and think it would be fantastic for our situation:

I am active duty military preparing to relocate, which is going to cause a year of separation between my family and I in order to allow our children to complete their respective schools (middle and high) with the friends they've made these past few years. That said, this is also my last move prior to retiring with the goal of setting sail shortly thereafter to destinations unknown. I am looking for a safe, seaworthy vessel that I can live aboard the next year preparing for my family to join me, and that we can spend the subsequent couple of years getting intimately familiar with together before fully enjoying our new freedom.

I would love to speak with you about your vessel and see if it is in fact just what we need. If the stars have indeed aligned, I would agree to purchase contingent upon a successful inspection and survey confirming the condition as depicted and described to me by yourself and your broker. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
Ralph

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
619-995-4474

*I do not have my phone on me at work, so if you call before I leave for the day please leave a message so that I can call you during my commute home. Thank you.
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds