New Settee and shelving unit

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #603 by Dan Pedersen
New Settee and shelving unit was created by Dan Pedersen
Hello all,

Just wanted to share a few pictures of our recent salon improvements. Our Whitby did not come with the starboard side settee, which we felt limited our storage, so we decided to add one. We are very happy with it so far and have it filled with provisions for our trip along the pacific coast of Mexico this winter. While working in the salon, we also decided to add a shelving unit as part of the folding table setup. We had made the new settee out of exterior grade plywood and stained it to somewhat match the teak, but we wanted something nicer for the shelving unit. We were able to find some Mahagony here in Mexico and deciced that would be our best choice. Attached are a few pictures showing the units.
src=" lh5.ggpht.com/_yvvWpFxPnVI/TJ_nt2Zeb4I/A...6w/s800/IMG_0912.JPG " />
src=" lh3.ggpht.com/_yvvWpFxPnVI/TJ_n1RmiPRI/A...Gw/s800/IMG_0922.JPG " />
src=" lh6.ggpht.com/_yvvWpFxPnVI/TJ_oEUwNL5I/A...rc/s800/IMG_0958.JPG " />
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Dan Pedersen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #604 by Gerry O'Donoghue
Replied by Gerry O'Donoghue on topic New Settee and shelving unit
Nice

I will be doing something similar in the future. I like the light colored paint on the bulkhead behind the bookshelf, it brightens up the salon.

Regards

Gerry

More
6 years 9 months ago #1536 by Greg Temple
Replied by Greg Temple on topic New Settee and shelving unit
And boat owners with the starboard side settee may cut an access panel in the seat and create lots more storage area. We remove the drawer fronts and affixed them to the front panel.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds