New Master Cabin Mattress

• George Chamberlain
  • George Chamberlain's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #1926 by George Chamberlain
New Master Cabin Mattress was created by George Chamberlain
I mentioned at the Rendezvous that we put a new memory foam mattress in our aft cabin. We had the mattress custom made by a local business, Bedmasters, in Port Charlotte FL. They quoted us $1200 to make the mattress in one piece with a hinge athwartships, plus the two trapezoidal seat cushions. In this photo, the seat cushion in the red/blue plaid came with the boat. Because the new cushions are flush with the mattress height, you could sleep along the long axis of the boat if you wanted to.

The hinge allows the mattress to fold from aft to forward (so you can insert the emergency tiller, or access the rudder post for maintenance)

and it can fold from forward to aft (so I can get to our house battery bank).

I don't think shipping would be horrible, they did say that they ship a fair number of mattresses. We have no affiliation with the business, other than being satisfied customers. We thought there might be others who would be interested at this price. Because they are just up the street from us, we went in and tested some of their mattresses, and James made our mattress to match the floor model we chose with respect to firmness/ softness. You'd have to work it out with Bedmasters just how to gauge how soft/ firm your mattress should be (maybe compared to a suitable floor model in a major mattress brand?) They can be reached at sales@bedmasters.com, or 941 766 9122.

He who will not risk cannot win.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by George Chamberlain. Reason: spacing of text in between the pictures
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scott Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds